Ok. I think I am getting a handle on closed vs. open islands (estates). Please read the following questions and add your comments so we can all profit from your knowledge. Thanks!
- Basically, I think we want to start off our new island in seclusion, restricting our students avs to our island and restricting outside access to our island. I think that we may want to gradually (and on a case-by-case basis, if possible) open-up our island to mainland teens in the future if possible. In short, is it possible to start off with a closed estate and change it to an open estate over time?
- Adult teachers are restricted to their island forever and cannot TP to other islands or the TSL Mainland, correct?
- Therefore, adult avs cannot travel around and pick-up/shop for furniture, textures, clothes, correct?
- So, how do adult avs provide their students with these necessities? Does the adult av have to load up in SL and get transferred to TSL permanently (one-way ticket)?
- If so, how do adult avs in SL go through their inventory to check for non-PG content? Is there an easy way?
- If we have an open sim then our student avs can visit other open islands as well as the TSL mainland, correct?
- If so, then they can obtain freebies or purchase clothes, textures, etc…correct?
- Other teen avs can come into our open sim at any time, correct? Adults on our sim will not be able to IM them , only local chat and local voice, correct?
- If we start with an open sim, can we use the estate properties to restrict our student avs to the island and not allow them to TP off?
- If we start with an open sim, can we use the estate properties to restrict anyone but our student avs from coming to our island?
- If #10 and #11 are correct, can we give individual permissions to a select few of our student avs to TP off, or is it all or none?
- If #10 and #11 are correct, can we give individual permissions to a select few mainland teen avs to TP onto our island, or is it all or none?
Please add comments so all can read your replies. Thanks again!